In 2007 I established my piano studio in the Tampa area, after completing my apprenticeship in piano pedagogy. I taught privately and soon also began teaching in a school. From 2013 until 2017, I taught in Leesburg, Virginia, but am glad to be back in my homeland, the Tampa area.
My students have ranged in age from 3 on up (except my children - they have to start from conception basically). I enjoy a wide range of skilled students; the hobbyist as well as those proficient enough to play advanced classical piano repertoire.
I teach traditional classical keyboard skills, jazz, chord symbol playing, improvisation, composition, playing by ear, keyboard technique and performance, musicianship, music history/appreciation and music theory.
- Awarded a Professional Teaching Certificate from the Dave Clark Piano Studio.
- Holds a Bachelors of Arts from the University of South Florida in Music Studies with an emphasis in Music History with piano as principal instrument.
- Fifteen years in sacred piano performance as pianist and accompanist at several churches in the Tampa Bay area and Leesburg.
- Past community service as pianist for multiple fundraiser banquets and accompanist for church and community choirs.
- Taught piano at Geneva Classical Academy, Lakeland, Florida.
Updated December 2017