Saturday, February 11, 2012

Playing at Nursing Homes with Linus and Lucy



Here they are again, The Piano Guys - my favorite cellist, Steven Sharp Nelson, with his fantastic pianist. My dear Mom took me to nursing homes to bring brightness and variety to shut in people from a young age.  This continues to be a ministry that is near and dear to my heart - being a friend to the lonely.  Playing an instrument can be a great entry into a lonely soul's life. 
Playing at nursing homes is a great way for a pianist to step out of their comfort zone and playing in public. Most of the time it tends to be like you are playing background music.  Another venue is for ministry fundraisers.  I have played in numerous banquets and teas for Pregnancy Care Centers - great atmosphere and response.

No comments: