I am very excited about discovering the Fairfax Loudoun Music Fellowship. Their piano ensemble concert looks very well done, from photos and all the information they have posted.
They record the student's playing, which is such a great souvenir and gift for them to have. This year's performances are listed here.
Some Concert Night Etiquette, provided by FLMF for students (applies to guests too)
- Arrive for the concert no later than 6:40pm. Students must be in their seats by 6:45pm. The concert will begin promptly at 7:00pm.
- The dress attire is .. Knee length or longer dresses/skirts for young ladies and shirts with collars and black pants for young men are recommended. ... No tennis shoes, flip flops, Uggs boots or short skirts or dresses.
- Please plan to stay for the entire concert. The start time of 7:00 should enable younger performers and family members to stay. It is important that all performers have a full audience to listen to and enjoy their hard work. Please show respect for ALL of the performers in the festival. Those who leave early are displaying their lack of respect and/or lack of knowledge of concert manners.
- If you have an emergency during the performance please leave only during applause.
- This concert is free to the public....There will be a donation box at the entrance to the auditorium. Please show your appreciation for such a unique educational opportunity for our children by making a donation at the concert.