A Few Facts:
been over 3 years since my last piano lesson. I want to find a teacher
for a 2 month stint. I could also find some masterclasses to attend at
a school of music.
- Film composers often have a motley assortment of projects they've worked on. Often you can look up the works of your favorite composer and find new ear candy.
- Michael W. Smith's Freedom is one of my favorite instrumental albums. Orchestral, celtic, drama, epic, sweet...
- Weird Al does the greatest parodies. New album just came out! You have to watch the music videos.
- "From his earliest days as a prodigy in Bonn, Ludwig van Beethoven's
great ambition had been to travel to Vienna to meet - and take lessons
with - the man he knew was the greatest living composer, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart." Read more.
Awesome thing from this month:
- I've had seven prospective students with whom I've been chatting or arranging meetings. Since I only taught ONE lesson this month, I realized how much I would miss it if I got much more of a vacation! I'd miss the interaction, involvement, relationship, and I'd loose my touch. Use it or loose it, as I always say. For all you students/parents who read this, I hope you know that you make my day and add so much zest to my life! :) Thank you!
To-do's and Goals for this Month:
- Finish memorizing Finlandia. I've performed this so many times over the last 4 years that it's almost there, and has almost been there for too long.
- Change my quickly updated cell phone answering greeting - It's many people's first impression of me!
- Speed up the first page of Flight of the Bumblebee - one of the pieces I'm reviewing.